BREAKING NEWS

[5]

This Is The Story of My Red Left Ankle :: My First Call to Medical

I interrupt my regularly scheduled blog post to bring you a super important update on my life. I realize that this is going to be surprising to exactly zero people that know me, but I feel compelled to share. I, Leah Stoffel, was the first person from PCJ group 87 to have to call our medical team. I wish I would have bet on myself for that. Before I tell you what happened (I'm totally fine, by the way), I would first like to show you...


I know what you're thinking. "Sweet Nike slides!" Thanks, I know.

To answer the question on your mind: sand fleas. Y'all, this picture doesn't even do the situation justice. I was standing on the beach for all of 10 minutes...maybe...when the attack happened.  I didn't know at the time that it was even happening. I didn't even know that I should be concerned for these little beasts. Yet here we are, two days later and unable to walk without some pretty serious pain and lots of itching. Oh, the itching! 

Long story short, last night I made the decision to contact our awesome doctor and she was able to come assess the situation this morning. I got to experience our mobile doctors office, which was a car (air-conditioned, though). She sent me some antibiotics and antibiotic cream. Mi guud now!

Neal, Jessica, and James: Did y'all place bets on how soon I would hurt myself/need a doctor? Because if so, it was exactly 7 days. I know you are all giggling to yourselves reading this.

I should be back to normal in a few days. And mom, I promise to make a better effort to not injury/hurt myself in the future.

Red Right Ankle - The Decemberists

xoxo, Leah
This Is The Story of My Red Left Ankle :: My First Call to Medical This Is The Story of My Red Left Ankle :: My First Call to Medical Reviewed by Unknown on 9:36:00 PM Rating: 5

2 comments:

Sora Templates

Image Link [https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiG5K4wyIr0osF-6qy0uUiZVuSksSBcDcilUfbp27n78j9fVSGxcrBKLx5CJI40wbwNup5mLxGNvbZgGHQg7PJn_mhmvqrfmKpZq4D4cAUsuy5Q90-NS_cgpJjP3pnCQcnTRce9SdEetBsE/s1600/Mets.JPG] Author Name [Leah Stoffel] Author Description [Leah is a native Floridian, New Yorker at heart, and adopted Jamaican serving in the Peace Corps. She is a proud puppy mother to a princess named Khloe, a big and little sister, a daughter, a friend, and a huge sports lover. When she's not working or volunteering, you can find her pretending to know how to code, singing in the shower, or tripping over her own two feet.] Twitter Username [@leah_stoffel] Facebook Username [leah.stoffel] GPlus Username [none] Pinterest Username [none] Instagram Username [leah_stoffel]