BREAKING NEWS

[5]

My Students Are Some Big Deals :: Summer Sports Camp


This past week I had a summer sports camp at my school. A few of the teachers held summer class for their students to give them a head start on the year and I thought it would be fun to offer sports classes as well. Big ups to the teachers at my school for going above and beyond to make sure their students succeed.



Of course, I had a detailed schedule of what I would be doing with the students each day. When I arrived at school on Monday I had to pretty much throw my schedule out the window and just wing it. I've learned to roll with things a lot more since being in Jamaica and I think that the camp turned out perfectly, even if it wasn't exactly what I had in mind.



Two of my fellow volunteers, Evan and Sarah, offered to come help out and the kids had a blast learning from both of them. We taught and played soccer, American football, baseball, and cricket throughout the week. It was so much fun to not only share a few American sports with them but also to learn about the sports that they love so much here in Jamaica. 

Check out a few of the highlights from the camp!




A huge thank you to Annie and Howard for all of the baseball equipment which has also become cricket equipment and to my dad and step-mom for the American football, baseball bat, and balls. The kids love everything!

xoxo, Leah

My Students Are Some Big Deals :: Summer Sports Camp My Students Are Some Big Deals :: Summer Sports Camp Reviewed by Unknown on 11:51:00 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Sora Templates

Image Link [https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiG5K4wyIr0osF-6qy0uUiZVuSksSBcDcilUfbp27n78j9fVSGxcrBKLx5CJI40wbwNup5mLxGNvbZgGHQg7PJn_mhmvqrfmKpZq4D4cAUsuy5Q90-NS_cgpJjP3pnCQcnTRce9SdEetBsE/s1600/Mets.JPG] Author Name [Leah Stoffel] Author Description [Leah is a native Floridian, New Yorker at heart, and adopted Jamaican serving in the Peace Corps. She is a proud puppy mother to a princess named Khloe, a big and little sister, a daughter, a friend, and a huge sports lover. When she's not working or volunteering, you can find her pretending to know how to code, singing in the shower, or tripping over her own two feet.] Twitter Username [@leah_stoffel] Facebook Username [leah.stoffel] GPlus Username [none] Pinterest Username [none] Instagram Username [leah_stoffel]