BREAKING NEWS

[5]

Inna Di Bus :: Practicing Patwa

Yesterday was a solid day. A few of us went for a quick hike in the morning and I came home to a plate of fried dumplings, plantains, and eggs. I was obviously thrilled because fried anything is my second favorite food after cheeseburgers.

Hike squad
Breakfast squad

I'm getting sidetracked. I'm here to talk to you about the language practice that I did with my host sister yesterday. She was super helpful and only laughed at me a few times, so I think it was a success. It's tough to explain how difficult it actually is to pick up Patwa because most people I know think that it's just English with "mon" slapped on the end (I'm looking at you, Jeremy). My host sister and I made a quick video to give you an idea. We spent an hour or two working on words, phrases, and past, present, and future tenses. Try not to laugh too hard. I know I sound silly.




This was the song playing in the background of our video. Part of my homework was translating parts of the song to English. Try to translate it yourself and let me know how it goes.

Wak guud.

xoxo, Leah

Inna Di Bus :: Practicing Patwa Inna Di Bus :: Practicing Patwa Reviewed by Unknown on 8:00:00 AM Rating: 5

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you are fitting right in 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are fitting right in 😀

    ReplyDelete

Sora Templates

Image Link [https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiG5K4wyIr0osF-6qy0uUiZVuSksSBcDcilUfbp27n78j9fVSGxcrBKLx5CJI40wbwNup5mLxGNvbZgGHQg7PJn_mhmvqrfmKpZq4D4cAUsuy5Q90-NS_cgpJjP3pnCQcnTRce9SdEetBsE/s1600/Mets.JPG] Author Name [Leah Stoffel] Author Description [Leah is a native Floridian, New Yorker at heart, and adopted Jamaican serving in the Peace Corps. She is a proud puppy mother to a princess named Khloe, a big and little sister, a daughter, a friend, and a huge sports lover. When she's not working or volunteering, you can find her pretending to know how to code, singing in the shower, or tripping over her own two feet.] Twitter Username [@leah_stoffel] Facebook Username [leah.stoffel] GPlus Username [none] Pinterest Username [none] Instagram Username [leah_stoffel]