BREAKING NEWS

[5]

This is a Story All About How My Life Got Flipped-Turned Upside Down

Juuuuust west of Orlando, born and raised, in the baton studio is where I spent most of my days...

Just kidding. As much as I would love to make my own lyrics to the entire song, I'll resist. But in all seriousness, as of November 23rd I have officially accepted my invitation to serve in the Peace Corps! Huge thank you to everyone that has been so supportive (especially everyone at the Mets. You guys are seriously the best!). This is obviously huge news and I couldn't be more excited to share it with you all. 

Now that I'm passed the stress of the wait list, I wanted to open up a little bit and let everyone know what the next few months are going to look like for me. At this point, I'm still waiting to receive my final medical clearance (which merits it's own blog post, trust me). In the meantime, my mission in life is to do every "New York City" thing that I can do. So far we've been to a VH1 live award show and Late Night with Seth Meyers. Next on the list is a New York Jets game this Sunday after Thanksgiving. If you have any suggestions of things I should do, feel free to share them. I want to do EVERYTHING.

Speaking of Thanksgiving, I'm really excited to spend my last Thanksgiving in the States with my grandpa, aunts, uncle, and cousins upstate. I couldn't think of a better way to spend my holiday. Christmas will probably be spent in New York as well in an effort to save money before I leave for Jamaica but, fortunately, I have the best family to spend it with.

January and February will be spent preparing for departure. There are approximately one million things that I need to get in order, buy, pack, and prepare for before I go. My *tentative* plan is for my last day of work to be the last Friday in February and then go to Florida and South Carolina to spend some time with my family. My mom is planning a going away party during that time so I better see all of my Florida friends there!

That pretty much sums it up for now. Thanks for coming along on this journey with me!

xoxo, Leah

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air - Will Smith

This is a Story All About How My Life Got Flipped-Turned Upside Down This is a Story All About How My Life Got Flipped-Turned Upside Down Reviewed by Unknown on 10:52:00 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Sora Templates

Image Link [https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiG5K4wyIr0osF-6qy0uUiZVuSksSBcDcilUfbp27n78j9fVSGxcrBKLx5CJI40wbwNup5mLxGNvbZgGHQg7PJn_mhmvqrfmKpZq4D4cAUsuy5Q90-NS_cgpJjP3pnCQcnTRce9SdEetBsE/s1600/Mets.JPG] Author Name [Leah Stoffel] Author Description [Leah is a native Floridian, New Yorker at heart, and adopted Jamaican serving in the Peace Corps. She is a proud puppy mother to a princess named Khloe, a big and little sister, a daughter, a friend, and a huge sports lover. When she's not working or volunteering, you can find her pretending to know how to code, singing in the shower, or tripping over her own two feet.] Twitter Username [@leah_stoffel] Facebook Username [leah.stoffel] GPlus Username [none] Pinterest Username [none] Instagram Username [leah_stoffel]